The Epic Gold Run
- Posted by chicagosean
- on August 22nd, 2011
Gold has been on quite a run over the past few years. This is a surprise to nobody who spends any time on StockTwits and Chartly.
This morning, @andrewunknown posted up this chart on Gold which points out some key technical explanations for the move. Great stuff here. Of course, there is no one right answer that explains this move, it is an amalgamation of all sorts of technical, geopolitical, emotional reasons…and more.
As the upward move has heated up, there is no shortage of quick players looking to scalp a top.
Here is a sampling of some of the goodness on the stream about gold today:
And these two excellent posts from the StockTwits Blog Network:
Meanwhile, our man Phil Pearlman breaks down his thought process in his multi-year gold trade.
~ Sean McLaughlin: Editor & Curator, StockTwits (@chicagosean)
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
- What a Ride.
- The Epic Gold Run
- The Trend is Your Friend…Until the End.
- Wild Weekend Charts
- QOTD: “The Bigger the Base – The Higher in Space!”
- The Netflix Graveyard is Littered With Tombstones of Short Sellers
- What Say You on Fiat Currencies?
- The Financials Have a Long Way to Go
- Chart of the Day: Do Old Axioms Still Hold True?
- Lower Energy Costs are Great, but….